Saturday, November 1, 2008

Welcome to My World








I created the first tennis poem after Roger Federer lost in that epic final to Rafael Nadal. I was so upset by his loss that writing the poem Wimbledon 2008 was the only way I could deal with my emotions...and the second poem nobody does it better... i dedicated to Roger Federer after he won the U.S. Open, although I really wrote it for his birthday on August 8th!

I published Wimbledon 2008 first on Roger Federer's Website where it went almost unnoticed although a few people did comment on it. Later I published it in his forum and then on TennisPlanet...as I did nobody does it better...

My latest entry I have been working on since the Beijing Olympics. It celebrates the doubles victory of Roger Federer and Stan Wawrinka! What a marvelous victory! I call it going for the gold.

I now publish articles about tennis and other sports on Bleacher Reports. But that is not a venue for the more personal and private poetry. There really is no place for my poetry in this world that I have discovered.

Periodically I will add to the poetry about tennis. I have moved my poetry that does not deal with tennis to another blog located at http://www.tennispoet2.blogspot.com/. I will add other tennis poets who wish to be included to this blog. That way, you can get your fill of poetry about those poetic movers on the court. I take requests, too, but primarily I write about Roger.
JA Allen

No comments: